Have you been struggling with weight for a while? Making changes in your diet can help you see some difference. Experts recommend taking a low-calorie protein shake from time to time.
A protein shake is a simple drink that contains proteins. This is a crucial nutrient that your body requires to stay healthy. If you are not getting sufficient proteins from food, you should look for a low-calorie protein shake to maintain healthy body functions. Finding a low-calorie protein shake is not an easy process due to the numerous products available. If you don’t know the best one to buy, this guide can help. Read on!
What are the benefits of a low-calorie protein shake?
Both men and women can gain from taking a low-calorie protein shake. Whether you want to bulk up or lose some extra weight, a protein shake can help you achieve this. Unlike other nutrients such as carbs or fats, protein is quite satiating. Taking a low-calorie protein shake can prevent you from overeating. This is a healthy drink since it minimizes cravings and helps you take in fewer calories.
When you take a protein shake that contains only 25 grams of the nutrient, it can prevent you from feeling hungry after a short duration. This drink can also help your body get healthy nutrients that can prevent you from losing muscle mass. The lack of enough proteins in the body can cause different problems, including muscle weakness, dry skin, and hair.
Rather than taking full meals every day, you should consider replacing them with a low-calorie protein shake. Drinking this can help you lose weight since the number of calories in them is less than what full meals contain. Taking this drink can help your body burn fat fast. It also prevents you from regularly snacking on unhealthy things such as crackers or crisps.
Best low-calorie protein shake Comparison table
Best low-calorie protein shake comparison guide
Are you always moving and need a nutritious ready-to-drink protein shake? You should consider Vega. This low-calorie protein shake can give you an energy boost and enhance satiety. It contains a blend of clean ingredients that have a lot of health benefits. Unlike drinks that come with preservatives and artificial flavors, Vega protein shake does not have such elements. It is made up of plant-based ingredients that allow you to kick the day strong and healthy.
Taking this protein shake can help you enjoy protein of about 20 grams, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, and organic pea. This is not among the liquids filled with high sugar content. Drinking Vega protein shake can help you lose weight since it only comes with 7grams of sugar.
Many users also like the inclusion of 8 crucial vitamins as well as minerals in this protein shake. These vitamins are derived from plant-based proteins and veggies. If you have a certain allergy, you can still take this a low-calorie protein shake since it does not contain soy, gluten, or any dairy.
- Great breakfast drink
- It is ready to drink
- Ideal for post-workout
- Contains plant-based protein
- Both men and women can consume it.
- Some users report that it is a bit slimy.
- Allergen info Ready to drink vegan protein shake is perfect when you're on-the-go for a delicious breakfast drink, post workout, or as a snack Enjoy chilled for the...
- 20 Grams of vegan protein from organic pea protein, organic sunflower seed protein, and organic pumpkin seed protein provides a complete amino acid profile...
- More than just protein 25% DV of 11 vitamins and minerals per serving, 3 grams of fiber and 1 gram of Omega-3 ALA
- Provides green vegetables and superfoods like spinach, kale, organic spirulina, green algae and broccoli for a healthy plant-based protein shake for women and men
If you are on a strict weight loss diet, you can benefit from taking this low-calorie protein shake. It is a nutritious protein shake that contains at least 20 grams of protein from casein and grass-fed whey. Taking this protein shake in the morning can fill you up so that you don’t keep on consuming unhealthy snacks during the day. This keto-friendly drink contains low sugar content of about 3 grams. The company behind it sweetens it using stevia, agave, and monk fruit.
Apart from sweeteners, this protein shake is nutritious since it contains fiber and low carbs. Iconic is a healthy protein shake that does not contain gluten, lactose, or soy. It is, therefore, safe for people with different allergies. If you maintain an active lifestyle, you should also take this low-calorie protein shake since it has different electrolytes such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium to assist in muscle recovery.
This protein shake can keep you well-nourished and energized. It is a delicious protein shake that also comes with antioxidants. Unlike using protein powders, this protein shake comes ready to drink. You don’t have to keep on measuring and mixing different ingredients to get the right nutrients for your body. It can therefore save your time and prevent you from any mess. Iconic protein shake also comes in a BPA-free bottle.
- You can choose from five flavors available.
- Contains grass-fed milk protein
- Filled with antioxidants and electrolytes
- The drink is delicious.
- It is not cost-effective
- HIGH QUALITY, TRULY GRASS FED PROTEIN DRINKS: each ICONIC protein shake boasts 20 grams of complete protein from grass fed whey and casein to fill you up without...
- KETO FRIENDLY PROTEIN SHAKE: with 3g sugar, 4g fiber, 4g net carbs and 130 calories, Iconic protein shakes are a great option for those on low-carb, low-sugar or...
- CLEAN, TRUSTED, NATURAL INGREDIENTS: our lactose-free protein is sourced from grass fed cows raised without hormones or antibiotics. Our protein drinks are Non-GMO...
- DELICIOUS READY-TO-DRINK SNACK OR HEALTHY BREAKFAST: ICONIC protein drinks are the perfect ready to drink snack or healthy breakfast for those on the go, providing a...
Even if you don’t take dairy or milk, you can still get the proteins that your body needs from this low-calorie shake. Owyn Vegan is a certified vegan protein shake that contains at least twenty grams of protein. Unlike most protein shakes that require refrigeration, this does not. You can therefore bring it to your workplace or take it on a camping or hiking trip. This protein shake can help you refuel throughout the day, especially when you have a busy schedule.
It is also safe for individuals with allergies since it does not contain any eggs, soy, nuts, or gluten. This is a nutritious protein shake that is made up of pea protein, organic flax oil, and pumpkin seed protein. Its ingredients make it suitable for people who work out since it can help you build lean muscle. If you are into athletics, you should consider taking this protein shake to enhance your performance.
Owyn Vegan protein shake also contains essential amino acids and BCAAs that can help your muscle recover after intense workouts. Taking this drink can promote your health since it also gives you fiber and green blends of broccoli, spinach, and kale. All these ingredients are what makes it quite nutritious. Once you have taken this protein shake, you will not feel hungry for a couple of hours.
Many people also like the addition of Omega 3 in this protein shake since it can minimize inflammation. Since this has an impressive shelf-life, it can last for long. This is also a quality low-calorie protein shake that comes in a delicious taste.
- Contains plant-based protein
- Has a shelf life of 18 months
- Does not need refrigeration
- Delicious taste
- Comes in various flavors
- Some users report experiencing stomach ache after consumption.
- 100% CERTIFIED VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE: 100% vegan protein shake that provides superior health benefits and never, ever, compromises on taste. Delicious nutrition made...
- CONTAINS 20 GRAMS OF VEGAN PROTEIN: Delivers all 9 essential amino acids and naturally occurring BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) to enhance muscle recovery and...
- PROVIDES ONLY WHAT YOU NEED: Great source of fiber, high vegan omega-3, and a super greens blend of kale, spinach, and broccoli.
- GLUTEN, DAIRY & SOY FREE: Peanut & tree nut free, egg-free, non-GMO project verified, kosher, free of all artificial colors, flavors & preservatives, dairy free, low...
This is also among the best low-calorie protein shakes that most people choose. Both men and women love it since it is packed with all the right nutrients to nourish the body. It can help your body take in low calories so that you can achieve your weight loss goals. For instance, the protein beverage contains vitamin D and calcium that can support bone health.
Organic Valley is a milk-based drink that contains twenty grams of protein. The protein in this beverage comes from cream and skim milk. If you love creamy drinks, you should consider Organic Valley. You can take it after working out since it can help replenish carbs, leading to the repair of muscles in the body.
The problem with some of the low-calorie protein shakes is that they leave a chalky aftertaste. If you have had such an experience before with other products, it should not intimidate you from picking Organic Valley since it is different. This is a delicious protein shake that does not have such effects.
Many customers also like its smooth texture. Since this does not contain any added sugar, it can help you lose weight. It only comes with the natural sugar present in milk. Since you can take this protein shake without refrigerating it, it is convenient to use even while on the move.
- No added sugar
- Smooth texture
- Gluten-free beverage
- Great for post workouts
- High price
Most low-calorie protein shakes contain artificial sweeteners such as sucralose. These have different side effects on individuals, including bloating and nausea. The manufacturer of Aloha Organic tries to minimize complaints from people by using an alternative known as Monk Fruit to make this beverage. Therefore, taking this protein shake can give you a better experience since it is a delicious drink.
Aloha Organic contains low calories and fuels your body with the right amount of plant-based protein and organic pea. This is an easy to digest protein shake that will give you an extra boost as you engage in different physical activities. It contains eighteen grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, low carb, and sugar. Taking this drink can enhance endurance during workouts and make you more energetic. The electrolytes present in this beverage make it replenishing, while the included prebiotics are good for the gut.
- It does not contain any artificial components.
- Has low sugar and high protein content
- It is non-GMA and does not include stevia.
- Comes in different delicious flavors
- High cost
- Contains 12 - 11 ounce Ready to Drink (RTD) USDA Organic, Vanilla, Plant Based Protein Drinks, Shipped as a case of three (3) 4pks
- 18 grams of clean, Organic Plant-Based Protein (Pea Protein, Brown Rice Protein), 3 grams of fiber, 5 grams of sugar, Organic MCT Oil from Coconut for natural energy...
- ALOHA Organic Plant Based Protein Drinks are Seriously Great Tasting! They are Vegan, Paleo friendly, Gluten-Free, Certified USDA Organic, Soy-Free, Low Carb, Low...
- Great Tasting Coconut Milk Based (not water based) Organic Plant Based Protein Shake. Perfect for simple breakfast on the go, anytime snack, meal replacement or...
Enjoy this coconut flavored protein shake that contains low calories. The company behind it is famous for producing organic coconut water. It makes this protein shake by mixing healthy ingredients such as pea, pumpkin protein, and sunflower. Harmless harvest is a creamy beverage that can give you 12 grams of protein. It not only contains plant-based protein but also delivers a delicious coconut flavor.
If you don’t like this favor, you can also choose from other available flavors such as vanilla or chocolate sea salt. The manufacturer offers this low-calorie protein shake in different flavors to appeal to customers with different taste preferences. Since this is a temperature-sensitive drink, you have to refrigerate it as soon as you purchase it.
Harmless harvest also contains 5 grams of MCTs, which makes it a good energy booster. The best low-calorie protein shake should not lack beneficial ingredients such as fiber, and Harmless harvest does not disappoint. This is a healthy source of both iron and fiber.
- Delicious taste and smooth texture
- Contains plant-based protein
- Low carb protein shake
- You have to refrigerate it since it is temperature-sensitive.
- 12g plant protein blended for nutrition and taste
- Temperature sensitive, must be refrigerated upon receipt
- 5g MCTs (natural coconut fat) for a ready source of energy; and a good source of fiber and iron (8-9 grams of fat per serving See nutrition information for saturated...
- Organic coconut for a deliciously smooth, non-dairy base with no stabilizers or gums
Get a low-calorie protein shake that you can consume to maintain a well-nourished body. Premier protein shake contains proteins, minerals as well as low fat and carbs. Instead of having three full meals, you can take this in place of one meal during the day and enjoy its satiating effect.
This protein shake comes in at least eight different flavors that you can pick from. Experts recommend taking between 20 to 30 grams of protein every day. Taking this beverage can help you achieve this since a bottle contains at least thirty grams of this nutrient. The milk protein available in this beverage is a blend of casein and whey. It is designed to help you raise your energy levels significantly.
Since the body cannot produce essential amino acids on its own, this protein shake can help you nourish the body with the necessary amino acids. It also contains useful vitamins that can give you strong bones and boost your immune system.
- Most users like its taste
- Has useful ingredients
- Comes in different flavors
- Poor packaging
- Chocolately goodness: Smooth and creamy, rich chocolate flavored shake; Winner of American Masters of Taste Gold Medal for SUPERIOR TASTING ready-to-drink protein...
- 30g of protein to help curb your hunger, as a mid-day snack or for post workout recovery; includes all essential amino acids
- 24 Vitamins and Minerals: Support a healthy immune system as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle (Antioxidants Vitamins C and E plus Zinc), 50 percent daily value...
- Guilt free indulgence: 1g Sugar, 5g Carbs, 160 Calories and Low Fat; Gluten Free, No Soy Ingredients; Keto and Bariatric Friendly, Kosher
How to find the best low-calorie protein shake
Protein is a healthy source of energy. If you are keen on your weight, you can get the right amount of this nutrient from a protein shake. Choosing one that has low calories can help you achieve the desired weight. A low-calorie protein shake can also help you if you lift weights since it can lead to a more toned body. For you to get the best low-calorie protein shake, you should focus on the following.
Before you buy any protein shake, you should take your time to go through its ingredients. Every good protein shake should have a label that outlines everything nutrient in it. To get one with low calories, you should check for things such as the amount of carbs, proteins, and sugars in it. The best protein shake should have at least 20 grams of protein.
Choose one that does not have high carbs since such cannot help you lose weight. Also, avoid one that contains artificial sweeteners such as sucralose since this is not good for the intestinal tract. It often causes problems such as excess gas and nausea in some people. Stevia, on the other hand, is a better additive that does not add high calories to a protein shake. If you find some unfamiliar ingredients in a protein shake, you can do a quick Google search to determine if it is beneficial to your health.
As you look at the protein shakes available out there, you should assess any dietary restrictions that you may have. If, for instance, you don’t take dairy, you can focus on vegan options. The manufacturers of low-calorie protein shake offer different varieties to accommodate people with various food sensitivities. Look for a protein shake that is gluten-free or dairy-free to prevent yourself from an allergic reaction. If you are worried about including a protein beverage in your strict diet, feel free to talk to a dietician beforehand.
Taste and flavors
As you look for the best low-calorie protein shake, you should try to determine how different types of taste. Take your time to go through customer reviews before paying for a protein shake so that you can find out the experience of most people. Choosing a delicious tasting protein shake can encourage you to drink it frequently. Look for a protein shake that does not leave a chemical taste in the mouth.
You can also look for one that comes in different flavors to try them out from time to time. If you don’t like flavored beverages, you can still find unflavored protein shakes that don’t have high calories. Choosing a protein shake that has a smooth texture is also important.
Do you find yourself overeating during the day and are still struggling to lose weight? You can change this habit with the help of a low-calorie protein shake. This contains enough protein and low carbs. Since the body takes long to digest protein, drinking a protein shake that has low calories can help you remain full for a long time. Check out some of the best low-calorie protein shakes we have reviewed above and determine the right one to include in your diet.
Last update on 2021-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API