Have you been thinking of establishing a home gym but don’t have a lot of cash for equipment? You should consider getting the best budget bumper plates.
Though there is the option of buying steel plates, these can cost you more. Unlike commercial gyms, most home gyms use bumper plates. Lifting such weights can help you build muscle from the convenience of your home. Finding the best budget bumper plates is not always easy for new buyers. The guide can assist you in choosing the right model. Enjoy!
The benefits of the bumper plates
One of the reasons why many fitness lovers choose bumper plates is because they are quiet. Since bumper plates are made from rubber, they produce a dull thud when they hit the ground. They are different from steel plates that make a lot of noise when they land on a surface. If you want plates for your home gym and don’t want to disturb your kids or neighbors while working out, you should choose bumper plates.
Weightlifting is amazing, but it comes with some safety concerns. Choosing bumper plates can help you boost safety since they are not as risky as lifting steel plates. Apart from the risk of harming yourself, you should also choose bumper plates since they can prevent damage to your floor. Bumper plates are designed to minimize the impact of the drop. If you don’t have serious flooring, you should choose bumper plates rather than steel ones.
If you are used to lifting different kinds of weights at the gym and want the right plates for your home, you should consider bumper plates. This can allow you to lift more challenging weights and engage in different kinds of workouts. Since you can drop bumper plates from any height, these can make your workouts more versatile.
Best budget bumper plates Comparison table
Best budget bumper plates reviews
If you want to purchase a set of bumper plates that can give you value for your cash, you should consider Rep Fitness. The company behind these bumper plates offers them at a considerable price point without compromising on the quality. Making this solid investment can give you the chance to enjoy weightlifting at home for a long time.
They contain long-lasting steel inserts and a beautiful paint finish. Apart from the great design of Rep Fitness, these bumper plates can withstand more than 15000 drops from different heights. They are, therefore, ideal for Oly lifting and Crossfit. When you choose Rep Fitness, you can be sure that the bumper plates will not break regardless of the circumstances. Both serious lifters and beginners can choose Rep Fitness.
One of the things that make Rep fitness stand out is the inclusion of 10 lb. plates, which are thicker than those from other brands. These can easily withstand damage and don’t put you at risk of sustaining injuries. Since they have a low bounce, you can spend more time training different muscle groups rather than securing the plates well on the bar.
- They have a low bounce
- Can withstand 15,000 drops from a height of 8 feet
- Have thick 10 lb. plates
- The plates are a bit greasy.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: 370 lb Set of Olympic Bumper Plates, Includes Three Pair of: 45 lb Plates, One Pair of: 25, 15, 10 lb Plates, Solid Rubber with Steel Inserts and...
- CROSS TRAINING ESSENTIALS: A good bumper plate set is the centerpiece for modern HIIT training. Perform Olympic lifts, squats, and deadlifts safely and confidently...
- SUPERIOR DESIGN: We made our 10 lb plates extra thick for high durability, while the 45 lb plates are thinner so you can fit more weight on your bar. Plus, our...
- LIFT WITH CONFIDENCE: These garage gym bumper plates are factory tested to withstand over 15000 drops from a height of 8 ft. Specially formulated to be durable with...
Whether you want to try out weightlifting for the first time or are a serious lifter, you can invest in these budget bumper plates. Though cheap, Rogue Echo are quality bumper plates that are in high demand. They have an IWF standard diameter and weight tolerance of 1%. This makes them among the best weight plates for the Olympic level.
Rogue Echo is also known to be quite durable since they are designed using virgin rubber. The manufacturer also includes stainless steel inserts in these bumper plates. Thanks to their fantastic design, these have a low diameter and can produce a minimal bounce. When you drop Rogue Echo bumper plates, they don’t produce a lot of noise. If you don’t like the odor they come with, you can wash them using mild soap beforehand.
- The manufacturer offers a 90-day warranty
- Made using virgin rubber that enhances durability and safety
- Affordable price
- Dead bounce
- Some users don’t like the strong rubber odor they come with
No products found.
The design of these bumper plates makes them different from regular bumper plates. Each plate contains a unique color-coding that makes it easy to distinguish them. The weights also come in various labels indicated in the form of kgs and lbs.
Apart from the designs and colors, these bumper plates have a weight tolerance of 1%. The manufacturer uses durable rubber in the making of Fringe sport bumper plates. Virgin rubber is considered one of the best materials used in bumper plates. Fringe sport has a finish that doesn’t fade after a particular duration. The matte finish also makes these plates slide easily onto a bar.
Even if you choose to use them in the most intense workouts, you should not have worries about damaging them since they are designed to withstand such workouts. They also contain inserts made from stainless steel and produce a dead bounce. Therefore, you don’t have to keep on moving with the bar since the bumper plates don’t move too much.
- Come with a 3- Year warranty
- Dead bounce
- Made using long-lasting material
- Come in different colors and designs
- They come with an odor that does not appeal to some users.
- Durometer rating of 90 Shore A. Our plates feel just right with a dead bounce.
- Weighed and guaranteed accurate to +/- 1 % of declared weight.
- IWF diameter standard. 450 mm with a tolerance of +/- 1 mm
- 50.4mm collar opening. Fits most Olympic barbells.
The cost of these bumper plates may have changed with time, but the quality is still the same. Most people still find American Barbell to be among the cost-effective bumper plates available in the market. The manufacturer even offers a 1-year warranty for these plates. This warranty is meant to cover any harm that one may suffer from using American Barbell bumper plates.
You can use these bumper plates to do different types of workouts at the gym. Most users also like these bumper plates’ appearance since they don’t contain any imperfections on the surface. They feature raised lettering, which makes them look nice. They do not only have aesthetic value but are also made using durable materials.
If you choose American Barbell, you should expect plates with a minimal bounce. Most customers are also impressed with the availability of lb and kg units in this model. Unlike other bumper plates, the rubber odor in this model is quite light and fades once you unpack them. They also come with stainless steel inserts with no seam. You will not struggle to fit these bumper plates in high end or mid-range bars.
- Minimal odor
- The plates come with an impressive warranty.
- You can get them in lb or kg variations.
- Have a minimal bounce when you drop them
- Accurate weights
- Refined plates
- Picking them off the ground is hard due to the lack of bevel.
- GP Rubber Olympic Plates feature a three-hole grip strategically placed for allows for safety and ease of use. Markings: Pound increments in black lettering with GP...
- A reliable bumper plate set is the centerpiece for modern HIIT training. Perform Olympic lifts, squats, and deadlifts safely and confidently with our tough.
- 100% High-Density rubber that is durable with a low-bounce made to withstand repeated drops. Protect any type of floor and your bars.
- WHO WE ARE - American Barbell is a design and manufacturing company providing products to the commercial fitness industry. With over 40 years of experience, the core...
Are you into Olympic lifting? You need to invest in the best budget bumper plates that can help you train. Titan Fitness elite is among the hardest weights available today. They have a weight tolerance of +/- 20 grams. The problem with some of the bumper plates is that they are hard to pick up from the ground. Such can give you a poor experience, especially when you like adding more weights during workouts. Titan Fitness Elite tries to eliminate this issue since it features plates with raised edges.
The manufacturer of these bumper plates also abides by the IWF standards. Since these bumper plates come with different color codes, you can easily identify the specific one you are searching for during workouts. Since these bumper plates have a narrow thickness, you can fit multiple plates on each side of a bar and use them simultaneously. Titan Fitness Elite bumper plates are also reinforced using a steel collar, which gives them a secure fit. This also minimizes wear and tear over the life of the bumper plates.
The best bumper plates should have a minimal bounce, and this model does not disappoint. It can protect your flooring and minimize the noise during workouts. These are durable bumper plates that you can rely on even when doing intense workouts.
- Raised edges make carrying them easy
- The bumper plates meet IWF standards
- Durometer rating of about 90 hits
- Steel collar secures them firmly
- You may not like the strong odor of these rubber plates.
Many people choose these bumper plates since they are among the toughest. Even if you drop these plates up to 30,000 times, they will not get damaged. Unlike some regular plates, Onefit wonder bumpers contain beveled edges that make them easy to grip. Since they are made using high-density rubber, these bumper plates are thinner than what other manufacturers offer. You, therefore, get the chance to load more plates on a bar during training.
The material also allows them to absorb sound naturally so that you can work out in your garage without disturbing anyone. Though these bumper plates are made using virgin rubber, the smell vanishes as soon as you unpack them. These bumper plates feature hooked steel inserts that prevent the risk of separation during use. Since the hole in them is about 2 inches, they can fit regular barbells. Since they have a snug fit, you don’t have to worry about these plates moving around as you do deadlifts or power cleans.
Choosing Onefit wonder bumper plates can also save you some cash since they come at an affordable price. In case you purchase these bumper plates and are not content, you should make use of the return guarantee that the manufacturer offers. This only applies within one year after purchase.
- Ideal for heavy lifting and cross-fit
- Can withstand up to 30,000 drops
- The supplier offers a money-back guarantee
- Thin design and fit snuggly on a bar.
- Some users have trouble trying to adjust these plates on a bar.
- QUIET RUBBER WEIGHTS: Level up your gym setup with our Rubber Weight Plates Set! Each plate is made with 100% virgin rubber, perfect if you want quieter workout...
- LOW ODOR: One of the common complaints when it comes to rubber bumper plates is the bad odor. Good thing our plate weights come without any oil coating, resulting in...
- FITS OLYMPIC BARBELLS: Our plates for weight lifting are designed to fit into any 2” diameter Olympic barbell. With a snug fit, our weight plates won’t easily...
- VARIOUS WEIGHT OPTIONS: Our bumper plate sets come with a wide range of weights. We offer a 120-lb set to 460-lb set that includes standard weight increments, great...
Choosing bumper plates that have little bounce can help you enjoy your workout sessions. That is what the manufacturer of Cap Barbell premium promises to offer. These bumper plates come in pairs and weigh 25 pounds. A single pair can help you train different muscle groups from time to time. The plates contain a 2-inch hole, which makes them fit most Olympic barbells.
The company behind these bumper plates uses a mix of recycled rubber and virgin to make them. They also feature cast iron core, which makes them balanced, and steel inserts, which prevent a bar from getting damaged. You will also notice rubber coating on these bumper plates, which also enhances safety during use. The feel and design of these bumper plates can also tell you how durable they are.
- Contains superior metal inserts
- Feature cast iron core
- Minimal bounce
- Made using high-quality materials
- Some users reveal that they are not sturdy.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED – TWO 25-pound premium bumper weight plates in black; Designed to accommodate Olympic barbells (with 2-inch center hole)
- CONSTRUCTION – Cast iron core with a steel insert and coated in virgin and recycled rubber; All weights are uniform in diameter; 30-day manufacturer
- FEATURES – The cast iron core offers a balanced weight; Rubber coating prevents damage to equipment; Steel insert offers a secure fit and prevent damage to the bar
- VERSATILE – Extremely durable and odorless design makes these great for any gym; Add weight plates to any fitness routine to increase calorie burn and muscle mass
How to find the best budget bumper plates
Many people who start searching for bumper plates online end up confused since most models look alike. You should find out what distinguishes one model from the next so that you can choose one that can fulfill your needs. Start by focusing on the following factors.
Bumper plates come in different types that you should know. The market offers competition standard bumpers, technique bumpers as well as training standard bumpers. If you want to get the right bumper plates for your home gym, you should focus on training bumper plates. These are great for beginners that want to try out Olympic lifts or deadlift. You can lift such bumper plates overhead without the risk of damaging them.
Technique bumper plates are also used to do regular workouts. This can help you come up with a Crossfit gym. Serous fitness enthusiasts go for the competition standard bumper plates that they can use in different competitions. Competition plates are costlier than training and technique bumper plates.
The best budget bumper plates should have dead bounce. You should consider this crucial factor when comparing different models. Dead bounce means that the plates don’t bounce back when you drop them even from overhead positions. Bumper plates that are made from dense virgin rubber are the best since they don’t bounce a lot.
Though you may want to save some cash by choosing affordable bumper plates, you should never overlook the quality. Going for bumper plates made from quality materials can help you use them for a long time and prevent any safety concerns. You should also check the metal ring that bumper plates come with at the center. If this part is made using poor quality materials, you should not expect the bumper plates to last for long.
Look for a model whose center ring is properly integrated into it. This can prevent it from getting loose after some time. You should settle for budget bumper plates that have steel center rings. Look for specifications such as hook inserts when comparing bumper plates since this can prevent the plate from moving or shifting during use.
Type of rubber
Once you start comparing bumper plates, you will soon find out that these pieces of gym equipment are made using different types of rubber. Focusing on this can help you choose long-lasting bumper plates. If you want Crossfit bumper plates, you should go for the ones made using recycled rubber or virgin rubber.
Though both are quality materials, bumper plates made using virgin rubber are more expensive and denser compared to those made using recycled rubber. Since they also have a slimmer profile, you can use a couple of such plates on a single bar for different workouts. Though bumper plates made using recycled rubber are less expensive, they can easily chip apart and tend to bounce higher when you drop them from an overhead position.
Are you looking to gain lean muscle? You should focus on lifting weights. Buying bumper plates can help you work out more. These are unique plates made for Olympic lifts. Though the models may look alike, they differ in terms of the materials used in the construction, cost, quality, type, and bounce. We have reviewed some of the cost-effective bumper plates that are quite popular among weightlifters to help you choose an ideal option. Apart from comparing them, you need to think about how you lift weights and consider the factors we have highlighted before choosing one model.
Last update on 2021-12-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API