The skaters is an effective cardiovascular exercise that improves muscle endurance and strength. This plyometric exercise is a must-do move for runners since it warms up the lower-body muscles. It looks simple but this is a challenging exercise.
Benefits of Skaters
- This strengthens the glutes, hips, and legs, and enhances coordination and balance.
- It gets the heart pumping and supports ankle stabilization.
- It nicely toned your hamstrings, glutes, and calves.
How to do it?
Start with skater steps and work your way up. To do it you need extra balance.
- Stand with your feet should width apart.
- Move one leg far behind the other, simulating a skater motion.
- Then switch legs.
- Keep your legs moving.