Reverse dumbbell fly also known as posterior deltoid raises. It strengthens posture of the shoulder and upper back. Give strength and development in the back part of shoulders and thoracic spinal muscles, improve upper body posture, function and movement. Correct technique is more important than the amount of weight. It also targets the upper back muscles which pull the shoulder blades toward each other.
Benefits of Reverse Dumbbell Fly
- It strengthens the muscles that keep your shoulders forward and pulling the shoulders backward, which means it keeps your shoulders in place which helps in fixing your posture.
- It works most of the upper body muscles such as forearms, shoulders, upper back, lower and mid traps.
- It is shoulder based so it works your rotator cuff, and by strengthening it helps in preventing you from injury.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, bend forward while keeping your back straight.
- knees bent and holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Maintaining the slight bend of the elbows.
- Move the weights out and away from each other (to the side) in an arc motion while exhaling.
If you don’t have any dumbbell you can use any griping tool like bottles, bags with books, food cans etc.