Do you love working out but don’t find enough time for the gym? You need to invest in a few pieces of gym equipment that can help you conduct different exercises. Dumbbells can help you achieve a lot.
You can use such weights to train different muscle groups. Dumbbells are known to be quite useful and versatile since you can use them in various ways. Once you start searching for the best dumbbells, you will come across so many models. Knowing the right things to consider when choosing dumbbells can make your purchase easier. We can help by discussing some of the best dumbbells available and giving you a comprehensive buying guide. Read on!
What are the benefits of using dumbbells?
Investing in the right gym equipment can help you keep fit even when you have a busy lifestyle. Dumbbells are essential since they can bring you closer to your fitness goals. You can use dumbbells to do exercises such as bicep curls, reverse lunges, and shoulder raises. They can help you train your arms, chest, and even lower body so that you can quickly tone your body to the desired shape.
Many people choose dumbbells over other gym pieces since they offer room for unilateral training. You can easily turn dumbbells as you conduct different workouts and rotate your arms freely. They make sure that both of the limbs are putting the same amount of effort during strength training. Dumbbells also provide room for the addition of small weights when you want to challenge your body more.
They are safe to use and come in a compact size. Even when you have a small space, you can still train from your home using dumbbells since they don’t require a lot of space. Now that you understand why you need to invest in this gym equipment let us look at the best dumbbells the market has to offer.
Best Dumbbells Comparison table
Best Dumbbells comparison overview
Are you beginning your fitness journey? If yes, you need to invest in the right dumbbells. NordicTrack speedweight is a beginner-friendly dumbbell that you can use with ease from the comfort of your home. These adjustable dumbbells come as a compact case that contains five sets of different weights. You can begin with lifting the lightest weights of around 2.5 pounds included in this case, then try heavier weights such as the 12.5 pounds.
NordicTrack speedweight gives you the chance to experiment with different weights. The more you add the weights, the more strength your body gains. Once you purchase these dumbbells, the supplier will give you an iFit membership for up to one year. You should therefore expect to receive numerous video workouts at no additional cost. Make use of these videos to learn how to lift such weights in different ways. This is a complete training kit that any weight lifter can use. If you have some experience with weight lifting, you can choose the pair the set that includes weights of about 55 pounds.
- Have an adjustable design
- You get access to numerous workout videos.
- You may find them hard to grip when your hands are sweaty.
If you are in search of space saving dumbbells that will not give you a hard time, you should not overlook Bowflex selecttech. This comes in a compact design and includes weights that range from 10-60 pounds. Since the dumbbells are adjustable, they can prevent you from having to buy a different pair once you have progressed. You can easily interchange the weights based on the muscle group you are training on a particular day. Having a proper workout schedule is important as you use such dumbbells.
You will also like the sleek design of these dumbbells. The metal plates are surrounded by durable molding, which offers a smooth lift off the surface and enables you to enjoy quiet workouts. They are soft and offer a rubbery grip. Unlike poor quality dumbbells, you can use Bowflex selecttech even without gloves.
The rubber used in their construction can protect your hands during weight lifting. Once you choose these dumbbells, you get access to the Bowflex Connect app. This can help you monitor your fitness progress since you can monitor important things such as the number of repetitions, calories you burn as well as your weight.
- Come in a sleek design.
- Promote quiet training
- The Bowflex Connect app has some impressive features.
- Solid construction
- The weight indicator is not easy to see
- Durable molding around metal plates provides for a smooth lift off and quieter workouts
- Product dimensions – 15.8" L x 9.3" W x 8.6" H | Weight – 5 to 60 lbs. | Weight settings – 16
- Use the Bowflex SelectTech App to journal your strength training
- Integrated Bluetooth connectivity syncs and records sets, reps and weight
Training with weights is the quickest way to lose extra body calories. You can achieve this with Nice C dumbbells. These are beginner-friendly dumbbells that you can start practicing with. You can either pick the 4-pound dumbbells or go for a pair that weighs 11 pounds.
The dumbbells also give you the freedom to subtract or add minibars on the sides for more variation. You only need to open the dumbbell ends for you to add some minibars. Adding some extra bars when using the 4-pound dumbbells can make your workouts more challenging. Nice C dumbbells give you a chance to increase the intensity based on how strong you get. Rather than buying so many dumbbell sets, you can rely on Nice C dumbbells for all your workouts.
Apart from being adjustable, these dumbbells come in various colors that you can pick from. If you like stylish gym equipment in your home, you can go for pink or blue dumbbells. The manufacturer not only focuses on the looks but also ensures you enjoy using these dumbbells. Most customers are impressed with how comfortable these dumbbells feel in the hands. They can prevent your hands from getting too hard, even when you choose to train with these dumbbells every day. You can use these dumbbells to sculpt the arms or even tone the back. The dumbbells are great since they can strengthen your core and help you stay fit.
The problem with some of the dumbbells is that they tend to slip, especially as the hands start sweating. Nice C dumbbells are different since they are made with a non-slip design. The manufacturer of these dumbbells uses neoprene, which is a slip–resistant material to help you enjoy a firm grip. This minimizes the risk of injuries or accidents during workouts.
- This offers versatile workouts.
- It comes with a thirty-day warranty
- Made using non-slip material
- You can add extra mini bars during training.
- Comes in different colors
- Switching weight amounts is a bit tedious.
- PATENT WEIGHT ADJUSTABLE DESIGN: Nice C adjustable dumbbells come with removable weight bars that allows you to set your desired weight. The ends of the dumbbell can...
- COMPREHENSIVE EXERCISE SET: Unlike most dumbbells that require multiple purchases for different weights, this all-in-one dumbbell allows you to have a versatile...
- MULTI-WEIGHT SETTING: The dumbbell alone weighs 2.3 lbs. each. Weight bars are included to allow you to adjust the weight of your dumbbell. There are 16 small and 2...
- NON-SLIP SAFE DESIGN: The slip resistant Neoprene allows you to feel safe and be worry-free while doing your workout. Both the Neoprene and upgraded curve-shaped...
Cap Barbell is suitable for experienced weight lifters since it comes with dumbbells that weigh up to 120 pounds. These are sturdy dumbbells that are well constructed to help you train harder and safer. The manufacturer also offers lighter options for these dumbbells in case you don’t want one that is too heavy.
The dumbbells are constructed using cast iron and rubber, which makes them durable. If you are serious about weight lifting, you can rely on these dumbbells for many years without ever replacing them. Apart from that, Cap Barbell stands out in terms of design. Unlike most dumbbells, these come in a hexagon shape, which not only makes them look unique. The shape also prevents the dumbbells from rolling around when you place them on the ground. You can use these dumbbells to do squats, curls, press, and lifts.
- Made from high-quality materials
- The hexagonal shape prevents them from rolling.
- Made with a long-lasting finish that prevents corrosion
- Some people don’t like the odor.
- High Quality Design: Weights stay tight and do not detach, rubber coating will not damage floor or other surfaces
- Materials: Solid cast iron, chrome plated handle & rubber coated weights
- Versatile: Designed for use with curls, lifts, squats, press, and more
- Safe: Flat hexagonal surfaces will prevent rolling and knurled handle prevents slipping
If you have a pool at home and would like to try workouts in it, you should find suitable dumbbells. Sunlite sports Eva-foam are an ideal choice since they can help you train while in the water. You can use these dumbbells to conduct workouts such as tricep kickbacks, rows, or bicep curls. Since these dumbbells are made of Eva-foam, you don’t have to worry about them sinking since they are designed to float.
Since the material used in their construction does not hold any water, you can easily store them without worrying about carrying excess water from the pool to your house. You will also notice some soft pads on the rod of these dumbbells. These are meant to enhance comfort during extended use. Most people choose these dumbbells for water aerobics or even aqua Zumba. Conducting such workouts using these dumbbells can help you burn more calories and help the body muscles build resistance.
- Made from high-quality materials
- Allow you to try out different pool workouts.
- They don’t hold water.
- Can easily float on water
- Some people find the handles too be too small.
- [QUALITY BUILD] - Made of premium High Density EVA foam, the water dumbbells are chlorine resistant and dry quickly between use. They are long lasting and will not...
- [MEASUREMENT] - 10.25” long x 6” wide. Comes in a pair. Available in black, blue, and purple.
- [ULTRA BUOYANT] - The dumbbells are highly buoyant, which means they work well underwater to offer the perfect amount of resistance in your workout.
- [LOW IMPACT WORKOUT] - Build muscle or burn fat without straining your joints by working out in the water. Develop your upper body and get maximum results with...
Many people who train from home are always on the lookout for compact equipment. If you are one of them and need dumbbells, you can choose this model, which comes in a compact size. Core Fitness dumbbells do not occupy a lot of space, and they can help you conduct different types of workouts. You can use them from any location and even store them with ease. They are quality dumbbells that are well textured.
The best dumbbells should give you a comfortable grip. That is what you should expect from choosing Core Fitness dumbbells. They come with a soft handle that you can grip with ease. You can comfortably use these dumbbells for an extended period. The manufacturer uses twist-lock technology in their making so that you can easily adjust the weights even with a single hand. The package also includes at least two cradles and a guide.
- Your purchase comes with a two-year warranty.
- They contain a soft-grip handle.
- The twist-lock technology makes them easy to adjust.
- Have a compact design
- Some users reveal that they break easily
- Your purchase includes One Core Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Set (2), two cradles and an exercise guide. 2 Year Parts Warranty
- Dumbbell only dimensions (each): 14.5" L x 7.9” W x 7.2" H | Assembled dimensions (stand with dumbbells) – 22” L x 33.5” W x 31.9" H | Each dumbbell Weight:...
- Quick-change weight adjustments with Twist Lock technology. Allows you to change weight setting with one hand. Set dumbbell in cradle, twist the handle and weight...
- Contoured, textured and soft grip handle design provides comfortable and secure grip control. Do not use abrasive cleaners or petroleum-based solvents to clean...
Engage in different strength training exercises with the help of these dumbbells. Instead of buying multiple dumbbells from different companies, ProForm gives you one set that contains all the weights you need to train differently. The dumbbell set is made of up weights that range between 5 and 25 pounds.
You can start with light weights then continue to increase them gradually. Your body will soon get used to lifting heavier weights so that you can realize progress in your fitness journey. The wide weight range makes these dumbbells flexible since you can use them to perform raises, curls, lunges, and shrugs.
This set can also prevent you from a cluttered home gym since it comes in a compact design. You don’t need too much space in your home to work out using these dumbbells. Since the dumbbells are made using durable construction, you can enjoy using them for a long time. They also promote quieter workouts since the metal plates do not make a lot of noise when they hit the ground. The use of metal plates also eases maintenance.
Apart from the rounded plates, these dumbbells also feature knurled grips, which enhance comfort during prolonged use. You will also get a rack tray in the package for easy storage of these dumbbells after use.
- Easy to maneuver
- Provide a wide weight range
- The package includes a rack tray.
- Have comfortable grips
- Durable construction
- Some customers find the style a bit difficult to use
- Two 12.5 pound select a weights (25 pounds total)
- Four plates on each side in 2.5 pounds
- Round plates
This buying guide can help you find the best dumbbells
Having dumbbells in your home can encourage you to keep fit more. Finding the best dumbbells is not, however, easy due to the many brands available. You have to know the most crucial factors that can help you narrow down your options. Experts recommend focusing on the following factors:
One of the things that intimidates some people from buying dumbbells is the high cost of most models. Before you start shopping for a set, you should have a specific budget in mind. The market has both low and high-cost dumbbells that are marketed towards different buyers. Think of how much money you want to spend on a set of dumbbells. A set of lighter dumbbells is cheaper than heavier options. You can compare the different models as you pay attention to costs on different platforms. Ensure that you choose dumbbells that can give you the greatest value. You should also consider the different features dumbbells come with.
Dumbbells are divided into different categories. You can either choose a set that comes with fixed weights or adjustable ones. Dumbbells that have fixed weights are mostly sold in pairs and are ideal for people who are new to weight lifting. If you wish to focus on a particular area in your body, you can choose a dumbbell that comes with fixed weights.
Dumbbells that have adjustable weights, on the other hand, are more flexible since they allow you to adjust weights depending on the different workouts. Such dumbbells also feature a safety lock, which can prevent the weights from falling off as you make adjustments. If you want to lift more challenging weights, you should choose a dumbbell set that comes with adjustable weights. Adjustable dumbbells also stand out since they are highly portable.
You should focus on the material used to make dumbbells since this can determine how long it can last. Some of the materials used to make quality dumbbells include rubber, metal, and neoprene. You can choose dumbbells made from neoprene, steel, or rubber since these are soft and don’t easily damage floors.
Check the shape of dumbbells as you think of how you intend to use them. While some of the dumbbells are circular, others have a hexagonal shape. If, for instance, you want to utilize dumbbells as platforms, you can go for the ones that come in a hexagonal shape. When you want to use dumbbells as an ab roller, you can go for the ones that come in a circular shape. You should also choose dumbbells that offer a comfortable grip. Such dumbbells can give you an enhanced training experience even when you use them for hours. Dumbbells that have rubber components are often easy on the hands.
A gym is never complete without a set of quality dumbbells. These can help you engage in numerous strength workouts and cardio exercises. You can use dumbbells to do activities such as rows, deadlifts, squats, and even overhead presses. Finding the best dumbbells should be a priority for every fitness enthusiast looking to expand their collection. We have reviewed some of the highest-ranked dumbbells to simplify the process. Get the right dumbbells that you can use to tone your body and build muscles. All the best!
Last update on 2021-10-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API