Bent-over dumbbell rows are compound free-weight exercises that use many of your upper-body muscles. The supported position commonly used in the dumbbell version places less stress on your lower back and maybe a safer option for anyone with lower back issues.
- Increased muscle mass and exercise contribute to increases in metabolism, the rate at which your body burns calories.
- By adding it to your workout routine helps you to sculpt your back, shoulders, biceps and forearms.
- It also strengthens your core and helps to tone tighten your entire body.
- When the amount of calories burned is greater than the number of calories you consume, excess body weight and fat are reduced.
- Decreased a risk of heart problems.
As a compound exercise using free weights, the bent-over row works for many muscle groups.Pulling the weight higher to your chest works your upper-back muscles while pulling the weight closer to your waist works your mid-back muscles.